The Special Needs Support Network (SNSN) is a sub-group of the Jaffari Support Services (JSS). We are a group of volunteers dedicated to integrating children, youth, and adults with special needs both within and beyond the Jaffari community.
Our goal is to increase awareness on special needs and disabilities to the community in order to make our centre more inclusive and accessible for everyone.
Some of our programs include:
– Educational/spiritual programs during the holy months of Muharram and Ramadhan
– Opportunities for special needs individuals to volunteer and give back to the community while learning new skills
– Family-friendly/accessible socials
– Workshops and information sessions for families
– Training for volunteers
– Connecting special needs individuals and families with buddies in the community
– Providing American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation of lectures and events
We are excited to be collaborating with SMILE Canada (www.smilecan.org) and Global Deaf Muslim Canada for future programs at the Jaffari Community Centre!
News and Events
For the first time ever at the JCC, the SNSN helped provide an ASL interpreter during the opening and closing ceremonies of the Al-Wahda Sports Festival 2017!
Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/snsnjss/videos/1986063384945845/
The SNSN was honoured to be presented with the SMILE DOST Award.
Read about it here: http://www.smilecan.org/single-post/2017/03/01/2017-SMILE-DOST-AWARD
Co-directors: Sultana Abdulla & Zehra Kamani
Executive Member: Zainab Fazal
Executive Member: Haadi Nanjiani
Secretary/Administrative, Volunteer Coordinator, Graphic Designer: Aliya Karmali
Social Media/Communications Manager & Outreach Coordinator: Mudassira Hassanali
Events Coordinator: Zainab Virjee
If you have a child or family member with special needs, if you would like to become a volunteer, or to sign up for our email list, please email [email protected]
Visit and like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/snsnjss/